New technology for the holiday season

Maeve Stacey, Reporter

Now that the holiday season has begun, many people are getting the newest technology, the Iphone 12 and the Playstation 5. 

On Oct. 23, Apple released its newest phone, the Iphone 12. It comes in four different models, which are the Iphone 12, Iphone 12 pro, Iphone 12 max pro and the Iphone mini. 

All of the models of the Iphone 12 have 5g. Senior, Dominic Shoener has said this makes the internet and data much faster on your phone. This is one of the first times that any cell phone has 5g.   

The Iphone 12 and Iphone 12 mini come in five different colors which are black, green, red, white, and blue. The Iphone 12 pro and Iphone 12 pro max come in graphite, silver, gold, and pacific blue.  

Similar to the Iphone 11, the Iphone 12 features dual rear cameras. The Iphone 12 pro and Iphone max pro have three rear cameras much like the Iphone 11 pro and pro max. The Iphone 12 is thinner, smaller, and lighter than the Iphone 11.  

These new Iphones are all water resistant and give you the ability to charge the devices wirelessly which has been a common theme in Iphones since the release of the Iphone 8 in 2017. The Iphone 12 also has flat sides which is uncommon with the newer models of Apple phones. 

Shoener now has the Iphone 12 and has said that the phone is a lot smoother than his previous phone, the Iphone X, because of the processor. The face ID is also improved and faster than the old Iphone allowing you to get into your phone quicker. 

The Iphone 12 mini is the smallest Iphone released since the 2016 release of the Iphone SE. It has all the same features and runs the exact same as the Iphone 12, but the Iphone 12 mini is less than an inch smaller. The Iphone 12 mini is only 5.4 inches while the Iphone 12 and Iphone 12 pro are 6.1 inches. The Iphone 12 pro max is the biggest of the models at 6.7 inches which is one of the Biggest Iphones out now.  

Sony released the new Playstation 5 in mid-November, and it is already getting hard to find a place where these are in stock. Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy all have sold out of the Playstation 5. 

The Playstation 5 can be found on ebay and other resale sites selling these gaming consoles for over $1,000, which is almost double the price they cost at retail stores. 

The Playstation 5 is in high demand; it is more powerful and offers more than the Playstation 4. It is the biggest console released from Sony and the console itself is much quieter and produces less heat than previous Sony gaming consoles.   

The Playstation 5 includes a new design of controller and can load games faster than any of the other Sony consoles before it. 

Freshman, Jonathan Stump, has said that he is excited about some of the games that can be played on the Playstation 5. A few games Stump looks forward to with the Playstation 5 are Dirt 5, Gran Turismo 7, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Godfall.   

Many people look forward to new technology for the holiday season and with two new big pieces in technology this year people are anticipating what these new tech items have to offer.