September 15 Announcements 2021

ATTENTION SENIORS and PARENTS:  MARK YOUR CALENDARS

If you are planning to attend college we strongly encourage you to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  Please attend our Financial Aid Information Night Meeting featuring:   Faith Phillips, Financial Aid Director from OSU Newark/COTC. It will take place September 21st at Westerville North Highschool. The meeting will begin at 6:30 pm. An overview of Financial Aid will be explained in detail. All parents with students attending a college/university during the 22-23 school year should attend and apply.  Applications open October 1.

Tomorrow (9/16) is the last day that Interact club will be collecting NEW socks and underwear to help other Westerville students.  Help our community by donating new undergarments’ into the collection box in the front office or room 1401. 

Attention students: Next week, (9/20-9/24) homecoming tickets will go on sale. They are $10 each, however we only have 700. We will sell until we run out.

Monday 9/20 – Seniors only

Tuesday 9/21 – Seniors and Juniors only

Wednesday 9/22 – All classes

Thursday 9/23 – All classes

Friday 9/24 – All classes

Sales are based on your number of completed class credits, not your cohort year. Please pay close attention to your google classroom pages and the Student Council Instagram this week, @wshs_studentcouncil, to find out all information about the sales. There are a lot of new rules from the district. Please let Ms. Sefton in room 116 know if you have any questions! 

Westerville South’s  “In the Know” competition is back this year! If you are interested in competing in this fast paced academic quiz team, please attend the first meeting of the year held in room 1318 at 2:15 on Thursday, September 16. See or email Mrs. Freshly with any questions.

Paper recycling will be beginning soon! We are waiting for the outside dumpster to be emptied before we can start. Second floor will be picked up 9th period on Monday’s and Wednesday’s. First floor will be picked up 2nd period Tuesday and Thursdays. Please remember we are only picking up paper recycling. Teachers, if you would like plastic bottle recycling, please reach out to Erin Focht for instructions. Stay tuned for when we will begin picking up paper recycling!

The STEAM Club hosts its first meeting of the year tomorrow after school. It’s like the best parts of science class without the notes or tests! The topic for our first meeting, as always, is “Playing with Fire.” Join us in room 114 from 2:15 – 3 tomorrow

That’s all for our announcements today. Have a delightful day and as we always say GO CATS!